- Founded in 1980, Bargmann Hendrie + Archetype, Inc. (BH+A) offers architecture, interior design and owner’s project management services. Our work is characterized by innovative, functional, cost-effective design and has been recognized by over 50 national and regional awards and publications. Specialized areas of expertise include:
- Aquatic Facilities
- BH+A staff work in studios organized around housing, workplace, recreation, historic and education project types. Staff are encouraged to work on all aspects of projects, cultivating a team-centric culture supporting mentorship and professional growth. Team members are able to specialize or move between project types as they prefer.
- We place value on professional registration of team members. Entry level staff are encouraged to advance their career with the goal of achieving registration. We offer a challenging environment where team member’s abilities are developed in new directions or project types and strive for a consistent team from design through construction administration. Principals of the firm are very involved with each project and a cooperative synergistic relationship is important to the execution of projects.
- We offer regular lunch and learn sessions to keep up with industry trends and also gather monthly for “First Thursday” to share project progress across studios, discuss design ideas & trends and socialize. The firm supports charitable efforts for organizations such as Heading Home and the American Cancer Society and participates in the annual J.P. Morgan Corporate Challenge race. We encourage our staff to participate in local community groups or committees within professional organizations to connect with the design community.
- BH+A has been a leader in sustainable design since the company’s founding. As the LEED system has become the industry benchmark for sustainability, BH+A has adopted it as a critical component of our design approach whether or not the client is seeking certification. Our completed projects range from certifiable to the LEED Platinum level.
- BH+A is led by four Principals, Joel Bargmann, Carolyn Hendrie, Tom Scarlata and Dan Chen. The BH+A team brings an integrated, consensus-building approach to private and public sector clients with senior level attention on every project. The staff includes:
- 35 Architects (19 registered)
- 7 Interior Designers
- 6 Administrative Staff
- 1 Owner's Project Manager